TER AS Produtos dedica-se à comercialização e distribuição de produtos químicos, com especial atenção em fornecer soluções inovadoras e personalizadas de alto desempenho. Desta forma, garantimos aos nossos Clientes o máximo de eficácia nos seus processos, enquanto continuamos a ouvir as suas necessidades, permitindo assim optimizar a sua competitividade. A nossa organização apresenta uma rede de vendas distribuída em toda a Península Ibérica fornecendo uma solução rápida para o Cliente em todos os momentos.
Thinkeners for the food and construction industry
Thickeners (also called thickening agents) are added to aqueous solutions to increase their viscosity. Some thickening agents are gelling agents, too – this means they make product gel. The mode of action of a thickening agent is that it can bind water and therefore make (food, cosmetic or other) products less fluid and more creamy or even solid.
We have the following thickeners in our range:
- Agar-agar (vegetable gelling agents from seaweed extract)
- Carboxymethylcellulose (natural gelling and thickening agents, crystals from plant fibers)
- Carrageenan (vegetable gelling agents from seaweed extract)
- Cassia gum (vegetable gelling and thickening agent, ground seeds of Cassia tora and Cassia obtusifolia plants)
- Guar gum (vegetable gelling agent, ground seeds of the guar plant)
- Gum arabic (natural thickener, vegetable juice of acacia)
- Locust bean gum (vegetable gelling and thickening agents, ground seeds of the carob tree)
- Konjac gum (vegetable gelling agents derived from the konjac tuber)
- Sodium alginate (vegetable gelling agent, extract from brown algae)
- Tara (vegetable thickener, ground seeds of Tara-bush)
- Gellan gum (artificial gelling and thickening agent produced by microorganisms on sugar-containing culture media)
- Xanthan (artificial gelling agent obtained from sugar-containing substrates)
In the construction industry, thickeners are used in the production of cement-based and lime hydrate-based dry mortars. In the food industry, our thickeners are used in jams, marmalades, jellies, baked goods, confectionery, yogurt, seasonings, coatings for meat and fish products, dairy products, cheese, cream, ice cream, desserts, sauces, canned fruit and vegetables.
In the construction industry, thickeners are used in the production of cement-based and lime hydrate-based dry mortars.
In the food industry, our thickeners are used in:
- jams, marmalades, jellies,
- baked goods,
- coatings for meat and fish products,
- dairy products,
- cheese, cream,
- ice cream, desserts,
- canned fruit and vegetables.